Extensive photos from the Olympics
In-depth previews of all the saillors
Interviews with the favourites
Analysis and comment on each race
The Finn Class is excited to announce the publication of a new book all about the class at the 2012 Olympic Games.
Over the course of the Olympics the Finn class released a series of press releases consisting of previews, interviews, race reports and wraps, all telling the sailors stories on and off the water. These press releases have been edited and compiled to provide a seamless story of the Finn class event at the Olympics, together with many great photos from before and during the event.
The London 2012 Olympic Sailing Competition at Weymouth & Portland was a brilliant showcase for the sport of sailing. For many the Finn class provided the highlight of the regatta with Jonas Hogh-Christensen and Ben Ainslie's epic battle – culminating in Ainslie's record breaking fifth Olympic medal and fourth consecutive gold – making news across the globe.
The story in this book will go down in history as one of the defining moments of the 2012 Olympic Games and also as one of the defining moments in the history of sailing. Everyone who experienced the power, the emotion and the excitement of the moment has something to tell to future generations. Through this book you can re-live one of the most momentous sailing events of all time. It is a finntastic tale.
The book is only available through Amazon.com and the European Amazon sites (UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy). Click on the links below to go direct to the order page.
RRP is £11.99, EUR 14.99 or US$17.99
NOW ALSO AVAILABLE ON KINDLE
Technical details: 64 pages; Size: 8.5 x 8.5 inches; full colour throughout; US trade paper; softcover; perfect bound; ISBN: 9780955900136; published: 3 Dec 2012.
LATEST NEWS & FEATURES
- Make it a Finn Christmas with a gift from the Finn Class
- Michele Paoletti takes the Gold in Finn Open Russian
- Hungarian Championship and Europeans Masters in Hungary
- Jorge Zarif seals historic Finn Gold Cup win
- Three races, three winners, as Jorge Zarif closes in on Finn Gold Cup win
- Past and present come full circle in Tallinn as Finn sailors remember 1980 boycott
- Second day of no racing at Finn Gold Cup as wind deserts Tallinn
- No racing for Finns on third day in Tallinn
- Andrew Mills extends Finn Gold Cup lead as tricky conditions continue on Tallinn Bay
- The story of how the Finn Gold Cup came to Tallinn Bay
- Andrew Mills leads Finn Gold Cup after day one as light winds mix fleet
- Spectacular opening to 2013 Finn Gold Cup in beautiful Tallinn
- 2013 Finn Gold Cup Media Advisory
- Sailors make final preparations in Tallinn
- Tallinn beckons world's best sailors for 2013 Finn Gold Cup
- August 2013 FINNFARE Published
- 2013 IFA AGM and Papers
- Vasilij Zbogar wins Finn Europeans as wind fails to show on final day
- Vasilij Zbogar leads fleet into Finn Europeans final day after Black Friday
- Victory for Zbogar in only race extends his lead at Finn Europeans