After the Finn class released its video 'Sailing at its best' on YouTube last week, the response has been nothing short of phenomenal. To date more than 17,500 views have been recorded from more than 110 countries.
After the Finn class released its video 'Sailing at its best' on YouTube last week, the response has been nothing short of phenomenal. To date more than 17,500 views have been recorded from more than 110 countries
According to YouTube Insight statistics it is the second most viewed sailing video over the past month.
If you haven't seen it yet then go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGscya_LorE.
The video is just a small part of the classes enhanced media plan. Class President Balazs Hajdu wrote earlier this year, “Today the sailing community realises that media appeal is not only about what you broadcast but also about how you broadcast. By making footage and coverage on Finn races so comprehensive, continuous, available and ground breaking, the International Finn Association brings a message that the Finn is not only a great Olympic class showing close, tactical and fair competition for fit, healthy and heavier elite sportsmen at the top of their game but also that the sport of sailing is able to deliver the media requirements of the IOC and the broadcasters.”
Comments posted about online about the 2 minute and 40 second video have backed this up (these are all real comments)
- Outstanding video. This is the pinnacle of dinghy sailing captured on video.
- Fantastic sailing video. This is really promoting Olympic Sailing
- Without a doubt one of the best sailing videos EVER.
- This is simply awesome! Never thought Olympic and small boats sailing is so cool. GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT
- This is just fantastic! This is actually what we want to see from Olympic Sailing.
- The more I watch it the more I love it.
Die hard Finn fans will also be pleased to know that a longer version is in production and will be released later this month.