On Saturday afternoon in Tallinn, Estonia, Jorge Zarif (BRA) completed the task he began on Friday and won the 2013 Finn Gold Cup. A ninth place in the medal race was enough for him to become Brazil's first Finn world champion since the late Jorg Bruder in 1972. Ed Wright (GBR) placed third to keep the silver, while Pieter-Jan Postma (NED) won the race to take the bronze.Full article...
The Finn Channel on YouTube
Hungarian September - 2in1
Two great competitions in one trip on Lake Balaton
Sept. 11-15 European Masters Championship – Tihany
Sept. 18-22 Hungarian Championship – Balatonfüred
Finn Gold Cup in Tallinn
Welcome Regatta 19-20 August More...
The Cup arrives in Tallinn More...
Daily Videos: Opening - Day 1 - Day 2 - Day 3 - Day 4 - Day 5 - Medal race
Finn Class Photos on Flickr
On August 23-26 WV Randmeer, The Netherlands is organising the Open Dutch Championship Finn Master 2013. More info here.
Following the tragic loss of Andrew 'Bart' Simpson on May 9 in San Francisco, the Finn Class extends its sympathies and condolences to all his family, friends, team mates and fellow sailors. He will be sorely missed by an enormous number of people. We all share in this sad loss.
Masters: Three days of training planned before the Finn World Masters starts next weekend. Details
Documents added for International University Sailing Cup including Notice of Race, Budget and visa instructions
FINNatics republished on Amazon. More here
London 2012 Olympic Sailing Competition
GOLD - Ben Ainslie
SILVER - Jonas Høgh-Christensen
BRONZE - Jonathan Lobert
Go to our Olympics Micropage for all reports and photos
Our Olympic coverage has now started. For all the latest news, quotes and photos go to our Olympics Micropage. Racing runs from Sunday 29 July to the medal race on Sunday 4th August.
Michael Maier wins his fourth Finn World Masters in Phllheli, North Wales. Giles Scott wins in Weymouth, Caleb Paine wins in Medemblik and Deniss Karpak wins in Kiel. But Caleb Paine wins the 2012 ISAF Sailing World Cup from Brendan Casey and Zach Railey.
Ben Ainslie wins his sixth Finn Gold Cup in Falmouth from Ed Wright and Jonas Hoegh-Christensen.
Giles Scott won the JP Morgan Asset Management Open UK Nationals from Ben Ainslie and Jonathan Lobert in Falmouth, UK. Finn Gold Cup is next. Lee Whitehead has a massive selection of images from the nationals and these can be found at www.photolounge.co.uk
Attention all sailors coming to Falmouth for the JP Morgan Asset Management Finn Gold Cup. The entry deadline has been extended to April 22 due to some sailors having problems making payment online. Please ensure your entries are registered by this date.
Check out the great photo galleries from the Europeans. This one by Marina Prinzivalli
Follow the LIVE BLOG now at: http://www.finneuropeans.org/ec2012/index.php/news-blog or click the link below. Racing runs from 19-24 March
The webiste for the Silver Cup is up and running at http://www.cerclevoilebordeaux.com/silver-cup/accueil.htm. Online entry is not open yet but sailors are advised to book accommodation early.
The 2012 Finn Masters Euro Cup will be held in Tihany, Lake Balaton from 5-9 September.
Entry open for 2012 Finn Gold Cup in Falmouth
Entry open and Notice of Race for the 2012 Europeans in Scarlino.
Entry for the 2012 Finn World Masters in Pwllheli is now open at www.finnworldmasters2012.info
All current news articles can be found in the menu on the left. Archived news can be found undeer the NEWS menu above.
LATEST NEWS & FEATURES
- Make it a Finn Christmas with a gift from the Finn Class
- Michele Paoletti takes the Gold in Finn Open Russian
- Hungarian Championship and Europeans Masters in Hungary
- Jorge Zarif seals historic Finn Gold Cup win
- Three races, three winners, as Jorge Zarif closes in on Finn Gold Cup win
- Past and present come full circle in Tallinn as Finn sailors remember 1980 boycott
- Second day of no racing at Finn Gold Cup as wind deserts Tallinn
- No racing for Finns on third day in Tallinn
- Andrew Mills extends Finn Gold Cup lead as tricky conditions continue on Tallinn Bay
- The story of how the Finn Gold Cup came to Tallinn Bay
- Andrew Mills leads Finn Gold Cup after day one as light winds mix fleet
- Spectacular opening to 2013 Finn Gold Cup in beautiful Tallinn
- 2013 Finn Gold Cup Media Advisory
- Sailors make final preparations in Tallinn
- Tallinn beckons world's best sailors for 2013 Finn Gold Cup
- August 2013 FINNFARE Published
- 2013 IFA AGM and Papers
- Vasilij Zbogar wins Finn Europeans as wind fails to show on final day
- Vasilij Zbogar leads fleet into Finn Europeans final day after Black Friday
- Victory for Zbogar in only race extends his lead at Finn Europeans