Agenda and papers for 2015 IFA AGM
INTERNATIONAL FINN ASSOCIATION
2015 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
AGENDA (also as a PDF download here)
22nd of November 2015
2017 Major Championship evenst bids can be viewed here.
1. National Class Associations
To receive the list of National Class Associations and the Treasurer’s statement of the NCA Representatives’ voting powers based on the IFA dues received.
2. Minutes from the last meeting
To approve the minutes from the 2014 IFA AGM (previously circulated on IFA website, secretaries)
- Presented at the IFA meeting in Split
- 2015/2016 budget presented and approved at the meeting in Split
4. Executive Committee Reports
- the President
- the Vice-President Sailing
- the Vice-President Development
- the Vice-President Masters
- the Treasurer
- the Chairman of the Technical Committee
5. Elections of Members to IFA Committees
- To elect the members of the Executive Committee
To fill the positions of the VP Sailing and VP Development.
- To elect the members of the Technical Committee
- To elect the members of the Marketing Committee
6. IFA Championships
a. To receive bids to host the following IFA Championships:(all bids received can be viewed here.)
2017 Finn Gold Cup:
St Margaret Sailing Club, Halifax, Canada
Spartacus Sailing Club, Balaton, Hungary
Dziwnow, Poland (or European)
(NB : these two bids are linked to the 2024 Olympic bid)
2016 Finn Silver Cup: update on 2016 event in Aarhus, Denmark
- Major event format: courses (Triangle course?), U flag (?),
- Events strategy: calendar, choice of venues…
- Media and Marketing levy: In order to provide the best media coverage for the event and the Finn sailors, the Finn class would like to add a levy on the entry fee to cover the extra costs associated with increased class media production for the event and individual sailors.
Add to Championship rules: Each competitor participating at the Finn Gold Cup, Silver Cup and the European Championship shall pay to IFA a marketing levy which shall be collected by the organising authority in the framework of the entry procedure and transferred to IFA no later than 2 weeks after the first race of the regatta. The amount of the levy shall be fixed by the AGM and may be changed from time to time. This will be added on top of the existing entry fee limit.
The levy will initially be set at Euro 25
- Update on activities
8. Technical Committee
a.To receive the report of the Chairman, Technical Committee (previously circulated)
b.Technical matters arising from the TC Chairman report
- Simplification of the boat certification process.
- Builders code of conduct
c. Rule matters arising
Any other business